Thursday, November 6, 2008

Quilting Project


I started my first quilting project. I have been wanting to do this for awhile and the perfect reason to get on it finally came up. One of my best friends that I have known since she was 18 months old is having her first girl this coming March. She has been such a special friend for so long that I wanted to do something extra special for her. I am hoping this will be something she can cherish for a long time!

So far I have cut the backing and all of the squares. The hardest part so far has been placing all of the squares in a pattern that I like. I have a feeling it might change slightly before I start sewing because I am not a hundred percent happy with it yet. I bought the cutest, most fun hot pink yarn to tie it off with. I totally can not wait to see the finished product. Total there are 99 squares that I have to sew together! Yikes this could take some time. By the way I have never successfully used a sewing machine before:). We will see how well my momma trains me.

2 comments:

The Figgins said...

I am about to start a quilt for Dave's and my bed so I'll be thinking of you as I sew. Don't worry. I have done many sewing projects and still can't use a sewing machine without it getting all messed up at one point.

Jessop Family said...

That's awesome! So beautiful. You'll do fine.