Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Canton Show





So Canton was very interesting. Definitely a learning experience. Not as profitable as I was hoping, but I talked to at least a dozen other vendors and they said that August is the slowest month of the year due to the heat. Fortunately the lady in charge of Canton loved my stuff and has asked me to be a permanent vendor. Apparently getting in, in August is the best time to get your foot in the door for the busy months. September picks up a lot, but October and November are the 500,000+ people months.

So this was my setup at this last show, but it will significantly change for the next show. Martha(manager of Canton) wants a lot more detail in booths in order to move up to the hot spots at Canton. So I will have many more pics to come after the September show. I just thought I was prepared. I am glad I got to learn all of this at a smaller show rather than a big one. The positive news: Martha told me that I will need to increase the amount of product that I have by 3-5 times or I will be sold out in the first day! The other good news: I had a lady approacj me from Arizona about selling to her wholesale! I can't wait until the next show:)

2 comments:

Cody said...

Cute setup! Everything is so dang cute!

Anonymous said...

it looks great!!! go you!
-kristy