Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Friends

I wanted to take a moment to express some of my feelings about friendship. A few of my friends have really touched my heart lately and they probably don't even know it. They have inspired me to write this. I am warning you ahead of time that my brain is all over the place so this may seem a little scattered. Please not that this is not to offend or make anyone feel guilty.

Friendship is loving, happiness, selflessness, humble, supportive, caring, generous, understanding, kind, trusting. It is not prideful, selfish, vindictive, competitive, ruthless. One who is a friend does not gossip about, tear down, despise, envy to the point of jealousy.

Throughout my short 25 years I have experienced many of theses qualities in many different friends. I have lost several best friends causing me to have a great deal of sorrow. Yes, I have even cried over losing a friend. Please don't take this the wrong way, I know that I am not a perfect friend, but I do know that I try. Everyone has faults. I think until you accept your own faults you can not be a true friend. "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle", I absolutely love this quote. How different would friendships be if we all followed this advice?

I pray that my friends will look at me the same way I look at them. As an Angel. I really feel that is how God sends us help sometimes. I can't even count how many times a friend has come to my rescue. So I guess I want to just say thank you to my Sweet Angels' that have stood by my side in this battle on earth. With you, this world is a better place.

2 comments:

MEG said...

Tiffany you are such a sweetie. You have all of the qualities that you admire. It's hard to have friends that aren't competitive and catty - especially when you are a girl (and in your case, a BEAUTIFUL girl). The thing I love most about you (and loved from first meeting you) is that you are genuine, down to earth, and have true and good intentions. I miss you being here in Provo!

Tiff and Dan said...

Tiffany...i am so glad that I found your blog. I must have had an older version and then I think i found it on megans. Your little guy is soooo cute. hope you guys are doing well!